We Are In The Business Of Healing
Martin W. Williams
Best Lawyers 2009 Toledo Personal Injury Litigator of the Year Marty Williams
Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, has named Martin W. Williams as the Toledo Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigator of the Year for 2009.
After more than a quarter of a century in publication, Best Lawyers is designating Lawyers of the Year in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities.
These specialties are Banking Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Corporate Law, Family Law, Personal Injury Litigation, and Real Estate Law and only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the Lawyer of the Year.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 15th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2009), is based on more than 2.5 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
The lawyers being honored as Lawyers of the Year have received particularly high ratings in our surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
Steven Naifeh, Managing Editor of Best Lawyers, says, We continue to believe as we have believed for more than 25 years that recognition by one's peers is the most meaningful form of praise in the legal profession. We would like to congratulate Martin W. Williams on being selected as the Toledo Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigator of the Year' for 2009.
With warm regards,
MARTIN W. WILLIAMS , a Cleveland native, holds B. A. and J. D. degrees from The University of Toledo and is admitted to the bar in Ohio; the U. S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of Ohio and the U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; and the Toledo, Lucas County and Ohio State Bar Associations. He is a member of the Toledo Area Trial Lawyers Association, a member and past president of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers and past Governor of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America. He is also a fellow in the International Society of Barristers. He has lectured locally and nationally in the area of medical malpractice, personal injury and insurance law and is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America."
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. - 00/1969
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- B.A. - 00/1964
- Toledo Bar Association, Chairman of the Common Pleas Court Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators
- Toledo Bar Association, Member
- Lucas County Bar Association, Member
- The Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Trustee, 1977
- The Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, President, 1992 to 1993
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- American Judicature Society, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member and Past Governor
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow and Board Member
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
Current Employment Position
- Personal Injury
- Ohio, 1969
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1970
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1970
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1971
- International Society of Barristers
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized as Top Trial Lawyer for the State of Ohio by The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America and is the 2009 Personal Injury Litigator of the Year.
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Listed in the 100 Top Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Ohio Super Lawyers