We Are In The Business Of Healing
More Than $500 Million Recovered For Malpractice Victims In Toledo, Ohio
You should be able to receive medical care at the emergency room, hospital, health care center or any doctor’s office without being concerned about malpractice. Unfortunately, doctors, nurses and other health care practitioners can still make mistakes. Medical malpractice can lead to some devastating, life-changing injuries. Common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failing to diagnose a condition
- Delaying diagnosis of cancer
- Incorrectly prescribing medication
- Failing to administer anesthesia properly
- Emergency room negligence
If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a negligent doctor or another medical provider, you should not hesitate to reach out to our firm. The medical malpractice attorneys at Williams DeClark Tuschman Co. L.P.A. are dedicated to helping victims of medical malpractice seek compensation for their losses.
Start by requesting a FREE evaluation. Call 419-719-5195 today.
Elements Of A Medical Negligent Lawsuit
To successfully prove a case of medical malpractice and recover financial compensation for injuries, we must demonstrate several elements:
- The defendant – the doctor, nurse, hospital or any health care provider – owed a duty of care to the injured patient. Doctors have a duty to provide their patients with a certain level of care in order to avoid causing harm.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The patient suffered an injury as a direct result of the breach.
- The patient suffered damages – such as medical bills, lost wages as well as pain and suffering – due to their injury.
Calculating Damages And Compensation
An injured patient may seek compensation for damages, including past medical and rehabilitation bills, lost earnings, and out-of-pocket expenses such as home health care and mobility equipment. In addition, survivors may be entitled to compensation for future medical bills related to the injury. To determine future expenses, our legal team will work together with medical and financial experts to show the type of care that will be necessary for living with the injury, as well as the costs of ongoing medical treatment. These costs cover a lifetime of medical care and are adjusted in the event of inflation. Furthermore, noneconomic damages may also be awarded to a medical malpractice victim. We can work to establish the monetary value of less tangible damages, including physical pain and suffering, as well as the loss of enjoyment in life.
Why Work With A Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Medical malpractice cases are often complex, costly and difficult to prove in court. You may even have insurance companies trying to talk you into taking a small settlement or rejecting your claim completely without a valid reason. This is not a battle that you can take on alone, which is why it is crucial to seek the services of an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Toledo, Ohio. Many attorneys are not equipped to handle cases involving medical malpractice. Tackling these cases requires a sophisticated understanding of medical knowledge and medical malpractice laws. At Williams DeClark Tuschman Co. L.P.A., we have successfully won numerous medical malpractices cases, including failure to diagnose cases, negligence during surgery and more. We have in-depth knowledge of malpractice laws and cutting-edge ways to effectively present complex medical language to a jury. You can trust our team to be the trusted advocates you need from start to finish.
How We Have Helped Past Medical Malpractice Victims
- Our firm achieved a $5,500,000 verdict on behalf of a family whose baby asphyxiated at birth and was misdiagnosed with a postpartum condition that led to brain damage.
- Our client was paralyzed as the result of a safety violation during a lumbar puncture. We obtained a settlement of $3,960,000 in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- In a medical malpractice lawsuit involving a child suffering from brain damage due to negligence in the delivery process, we obtained $1,500,000 on behalf of our client.
- $1,250,000 was awarded as a settlement for a diagnosis error.
- We achieved a $750,000 settlement in a wrongful death case involving radiation error.
See more of our case results.
100-Plus Years Of Leading Advocacy Behind You
We have more than 100 years of experience and proven results. In fact, we have successfully recovered over half a billion dollars for our clients in trial cases. See what our experience and knowledge can do to help you at this time.