Attorney Tuschman’s career began with his advocacy of OB/GYNs in birth trauma cases, before he transitioned into defending physicians across the country, as well as product manufacturers. However, he quickly realized his true passion lay in fighting for the rights of patients who have suffered at the hands of a defective product or medical malpractice. As a top Ohio medical negligence attorney, he finds it truly rewarding to pursue justice on behalf of those who are deserving of compensation due to the tragedies they have suffered.
Inspired by his father’s work as a trial lawyer, Attorney Tuschman applies an aggressive, determined, and relentless attitude when it comes to his work ethic. He refuses to back down from a challenge, which is why he will never delay a case as a defense tactic. Instead, Attorney Tuschman takes cases head-on, fighting for a resolution as expeditiously as possible so clients can move on to the next chapter of their lives. It is thanks to this sincere dedication that he is able to maintain close relationships with his clients for years to come.
To learn more about cases Attorney Tuschman handles, check out these pages:
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Prescription Drug Error
- Surgeon Negligence
- Violation of Patient Consent
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
Tuschman is a partner at the law firm of Williams, DeClark & Tuschman Co., L.P.A. He has lectured extensively in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury and trial litigation. He graduated from Indiana University in 1992 for his B.S. degree. He then earned his J.D. from the University of Toledo in 1995. He is admitted to practice in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for Sixth District, The United States District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and Northern District of Illinois.
He is a member of the Toledo Bar Association, the Ohio Association for Justice and American Association for Justice and has received several recognitions and awards.
Awards and Recognitions
- Chad Tuschman and Peter DeClark secured the highest medical verdict ever in Erie County, with the jury awarding $7.4 million to a woman in medical negligence action for failure to treat a brain abscess infection.
- Attorney Tuschman was selected to 2019 Best Lawyers in America.
- He has been honored by invitation in the National Trial Lawyers.
- He was honored by invitation to become a "Best Attorney" member of Best Attorneys of America in 2018.
- He has received the award for Top 100 Trial Lawyers from 2011-2017 running.
- He was also honored with the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 in the State of Ohio.
- He was re-selected to America's Top 100 Attorneys in Ohio for 2019.
- He was chosen as a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
- He was a 2015, 2018, & 2019 American Institute “10 Best” Personal Injury Law Attorney for Client Satisfaction in the Ohio.
- He is a Member by invite to the BlueBook Society, for select Medical Malpractice attorneys in the United States.
- He was also selected by invite as “Best Attorney” by Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America.
- He is a Member of The National Trial Lawyers: Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Association Top 25 for 2017, by invitation.
Attorney Tuschman is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and a member of the Morrison R. Waite Chapter of American Inns of Court. He has served on the board of the Ohio Academy of Justice as Vice Chairman of Product Liability Committee, the President of the University of Toledo Alumni Board, a board member of the Toledo Bar Association Grievance Committee, as well as serving on committees such as Common Pleas and Media Relations.
He has recently been appointed as the Chair of the Professionalism Committee of the Toledo Bar Association. Attorney Tuschman has achieved numerous multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements in the field of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation within the multiple states that the law firm handles cases. He is recognized and a frequent speaker in the areas of trial law, medical malpractice and personal injury cases throughout Ohio, and is also listed in America’s Who’s Who for Trial Lawyers.
Particularly proud of Williams DeClark Tuschman Co., L.P.A. for its unparalleled success rate, Attorney Tuschman brings a wealth of experience to the firm. He believes in resolving cases as efficiently and effectively as possible, maintaining the firm’s strict belief on not sitting on cases for years on end. Client success and satisfaction are top priorities of Williams DeClark Tuschman Co., L.P.A. Clients can rest assured when they have Attorney Tuschman on their side, as he will handle their case with confidence and ease.
Contact Williams DeClark Tuschman Co., L.P.A. to schedule your initial consultation!