Protecting The Rights Of Drivers Injured In Construction Zone Car Accidents
It is well-known that the roads around Toledo are home to a significant amount of road construction. Though the construction zones are generally dense with signage, accidents often occur due to the need to merge into lanes, the location of construction equipment and where traffic control devices, such as cones, are located. These accidents can cause serious injuries, leaving victims wondering where to turn.
If you have been injured in a car accident that occurred in a construction zone, turn to Williams DeClark Tuschman Co. L.P.A.. We have more than a century of combined experience representing injured people and their families. From traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and amputations to spinal cord injuries and wrongful death, we handle all types of severe and fatal injury cases that stem from another driver’s negligence in a work zone.
Driver Negligence In Work Zones
It is up to drivers to pay careful attention when they are driving through a construction zone. Many still do not. These are often the drivers who cause accidents. Their negligence can be due to:
- Speeding and failure to slow down or obey posted slower speed limits
- Failure to notice or avoid cones, potholes, concrete barriers and other obstacles and can cause hazards for cars
- Distractions and use of cellphones, leading to the failure to merge from two lanes into one
- Failure to observe the narrowing of lanes
- Taking their attention off the road when a detour is indicated
The Dangers Of Construction Zones
There are also inherent dangers in construction zones that render them dangerous, and sometimes accidents are unavoidable. Construction issues that can factor into an accident include:
- Missing proper signage indicating construction work being done
- Missing traffic cones or lane barriers
- Failure of construction workers to direct traffic
- Machinery blocking traffic
- Inadequate lighting
- Damaged road surfaces
Talk To A Knowledgeable Lawyer Today
The negligent driver may be held responsible for the accident that resulted in your injuries. Also, it may be possible to hold a construction company, government or municipality responsible if their negligence caused or contributed to the crash. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident in a construction zone, you may have many questions. Find out more on our frequently asked questions page. Then, learn more about how we can pursue compensation for the damages and losses you suffered Call our office today at 419-719-5195 or contact us online.