Toledo Car Accident Lawyer
Hundreds of Millions Recovered for Our Clients
Our firm has 100+ years of experience working with clients who have suffered injuries in auto accidents. The lawyers at Williams DeClark Tuschman work hard on behalf of our clients to help them recover compensation for their losses. From investigating an accident to preparing documents for a claim, we diligently assemble all aspects of a case in order to maximize our results.
Our team wants to help you get through this difficult time. Make sure that you seek compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered. Talk to a member of our team to learn more about how you can file a car accident claim.
How We Have Helped Clients
- Our client received a $2,000,000 award in an auto accident case involving the loss of a loved one to wrongful death.
- Our team achieved a car accident settlement of $1,200,000 on behalf of a driver who hit an illegally parked semi-truck.
- We collected a settlement of $900,000 for a client who was severely injured in an head-on collision as the result of a negligent driver.
Our Toledo auto accident attorneys are ready to hear from you. To learn more about our legal services, contact us today by calling (419) 318-0772.
What is Subrogation?
After an accident, some people receive money from their insurance right away to cover their medical bills and expenses while their personal injury case is pending. What most people don't know is that some insurance companies require you to pay back that money after you receive a settlement from your case.
This is called subrogation and it is hidden in some insurance agreements. Subrogation law is quite complex and insurance companies do not always have the right to enforce this rule. If you have any questions about subrogation and your specific case it is important to speak to an attorney.
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur in a variety of situations. They may happen due to speeding or bumper-to-bumper traffic, but they can also happen on small residential streets and in parking lots. How vehicles collide with vehicles, objects, and pedestrians influence the resulting injuries.
The following are the common types of car accidents:
- Rear-end collisions – They occur when one vehicle crashes into another from behind. Rear-end collisions are typically caused by deceleration by car in front. In other instances, the car behind is following too closely or accelerates at a higher speed than the car ahead.
- Head-on collisions – They occur when the front ends of two vehicles crash into each other, typically resulting in fatalities.
- Side-impact/sideswipe collisions – Side-impact accidents – also known as “T-bone” or “broadside” collisions occur when the side of the vehicle is directly struck. On the other hand, sideswipe collisions happen when two cars which are parallel to one another “swipes” each other.
- Single-car accidents – They occur when a vehicle strikes an object, such as a tree, wall, pole, or fire hydrant. In some cases, penetrations and other innocent bystanders may be involved.
- Multi-vehicle accidents – Also called “pile-ups” or “chain reaction collisions,” they involve more than two vehicles. Liability can be difficult to determine due to multiple parties being involved.
- Hit-and-run accidents – This is where one driver flees the scene of the collision, which can make proving liability and recovering damages from the at-fault party quite challenging.
- Rollover accidents – A rollover happens when a vehicle flips over onto its side or roof. These accident typically occur to cars with a high center of gravity, such as SUVs and trucks.
- Distracted driving accidents – They happen when a driver is performing another task while operating the vehicle. This includes texting, grooming, eating, and even changing radio stations.
- Drunk driving accidents – They happen when an intoxicated driver crashes into another vehicle due to alcohol impairment.
Put 100+ Years of Advocacy on Your Side
When you or someone you care about has been injured in an auto accident, it is imperative that you hire an attorney as soon as possible. An experienced Toledo auto accident lawyer at Williams DeClark Tuschman can provide you the experience, knowledge, and resources you on your side.
- We can help you seek compensation for automobile accidents injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Spine injuries
- Burn injuries
- Head injuries
- Brain damage
Get Started on Your Case Today!
If you are interested in discussing the details of your case, don't wait to get in touch with us. We would love the opportunity to explain how we can help and to inform you of your options. From the claims preparation to negotiations with insurance adjusters, we can walk you through the entire process.
Give us a call at (419) 318-0772 to schedule a FREE consultation today!